Friday, February 22, 2008

It's OSCAR Time!!


I do believe that if I did not get into radio that I would be making movies. I love the magic of the cinema; how it transports you into the story. I think of some of my favorites - "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "The Lord of the Rings," "Gladiator," "The Passion of the Christ," and the list goes on.

While a graduate student at Regent University, I got to know the movie industry a little. I gripped for a couple of student movies (all a grip is is someone who does all the grunt work) and I got to know a number of the film students who are now living and working in Hollywood. We would all get together and every February and have an Oscar party where we would try to predict the big winners - Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, etc. Most of the time we got them right.

Well, here are my predictions for this Sunday's award show:

Best Picture - There Will Be Blood

Best Director - The Cohen Brothers (No Country for Old Men)

Best Actor- Daniel Day Lewis (There Will Be Blood)

Best Actress - Julie Christie (Away From Her)

Best Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men)

Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchette (I'm Not There)

On Monday we will compare lists to see if I'm even close. Come up with your own predictions and have fun with this weekends Oscars.

No comments: