Friday, May 9, 2008

Being Stretched and Encouraged

These last two days have been very encouraging to me. Yesterday I spent the day at the Public Relations Society of America-Georgia chapter state conference and learned quite a bit about social media and how it will be changing public relations and marketing. If you have not yet dived into the Web2.0 world you are definitely missing out on tools and applications that will help your organization or ministry reach a new generation.

This afternoon, I spent two hours with, who I hope to have as a close friend, Rob Glass. Rob used to work with Stein Communications here in Atlanta. Rob's focus is working with higher education in developing communications plans and admissions/recruitment strategies. After a long career with Stein, Rob has decided to go out on his own. One day I will share with you his story on how God moved him into this new venture.

If you have not yet allowed God to stretch your thinking and, as Jabez put it, your boundaries you are truly missing out on a blessing. Don't get me wrong - for the most part this is not fun - but I can see how God will use these experiences for my good. Have a great weekend - don't forget to tell your mom you love her (or a mom in your sphere of influence that she is appreciated).

No comments: