Thursday, June 12, 2008

Attitude


Yesterday was a pretty hard day. I knew it was going to be a long one because I chose it to be that way. Each morning I have the opportunity to dictate whether or not I will have a good day by deciding what my attitude will be. Yesterday morning, as I was driving in to work, I got angry with a fellow traveler of the morning commute because he didn't move fast enough through an intersection. I allowed that situation to dictate the rest of my day.

The older I get the more I realize that the most important decision I make each day is my choice of attitude. I realize more and more that life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I choose to respond to it.

My choice of attitude is more important than yesterday, my successes and failures, how much money I have, what my title is, how much education I have, what other people may think of me or say about me. My choice of attitude will either energize me for the day ahead or kill my hopes and dreams. When my attitude is right there is nothing that I cannot do, there is nothing that will keep me from reaching my goals.

No comments: