Saturday, March 8, 2008

NRB Day 1


Well I just finished day one of the National Religious Broadcasters convention here in cold Nashville, TN. It was a packed first day and it started with the annual business meeting that was opened by Shirley Dobson of The National Day of Prayer. This year's event looks to be a very important one especially with the national elections right around the corner. I will be giving you more information as we get closer to the date.

A number of education sessions were planned that were truly informative and I hope to use some of the information on WRAF. What marked the afternoon for me was the meeting we had with The Bible League. Scot Thunder, host of Word and Worship Weekly (see picture), was very encouraging to Bryan and myself. Plus it was good to see Scot again - I had the pleasure of working with Scot a few years ago while living in Nashville.

This evening was marked with the opening session that featured Michael W. Smith, Dennis Rainey and Steve Brown. Smitty opened the evening with songs of worship and ended by giving a beautiful blessing to those in attendance.

Dennis Rainey and Steve Brown gave words of encouragement and challenged the audience to plug in to what God's doing. It was a perfect ending to a great day. I'm pretty tired and am looking forward to what God will do tomorrow.

There were two ideas that I heard a lot of throughout the day and because they were in contexts unrelated to each other I know it must be a God-thing - prayer and story. I'm not quite sure what God is trying to say to me but as I continue to search Him out on this I will be sure to bring you along for the ride.

No comments: