Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Questions Parents Should Ask About School


Evidence shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, academics improves. Involvement is more than just volunteering though that is very important. To help determine involvement Marc Fey, with Focus on the Family's Community Impact outreach, has developed 20 questions parents need to ask regarding their children's school.
  1. How involved am I as a parent?
  2. What are the best and worst teaching strategies for my children?
  3. When and how should I contact the teacher?
  4. What do I need to know about Parent-Teacher conferences?
  5. What should I look for when I visit my child's classroom
  6. What if I have concerns about materials, programs, or policies?
For the rest of the list click here. Parental involvement is the key to success in any school whether it be public or private. Be ready for this school year and let you children's teachers know that you plan to be involved in a constructive way with you children's education.

No comments: