Thursday, July 31, 2008

Newcomer Mollye Rees


I got the chance to hear a new song yesterday by the latest entry to Christian music Mollye Rees. I have to admit that when a new artist comes on the scene I get a little skeptical about motives, longevity, etc. One of the first things I do is Google the person and try to find their website and maybe even the record label they have signed with.

It didn't take me long to find Mollye's web site and hear her heart for what God wants to do in her life and her music. Mollye began singing at the age of 12 and after a back injury sidelined her college volleyball career, Mollye began taking voice lessons and persuing her first love - music. She moved to Nashville in 2006, was signed with Hollow Oak Records and says of her music, "I like songs that tell stories... I just like to touch people with music. Just to be able to make them feel the emotion in a song, there's nothing better."

For more information on Mollye Rees go to her website.

No comments: