Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Voice of the Bulldogs Calls it 'Game'


Legendary voice of the Georgia Bulldogs, Larry Munson,has hung up the mic and officially retired. Because of declining health, Munson quit doing road games and has only worked two home games this season. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Munson said in a statement, "I can't express enough my deep feelings toward the Georgia football fans. They've been so friendly especially during this most recent period time. I feel I owe them so much more than I can give."

During last night's practise, Georgia headcoach Mark Richt said, "What do you say when a legend steps down? I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to be associated with him. It's been an honor to work with one of the legendary college football broadcasters of all time. I hope he enjoys his full retirement and wish him the very best..."

I, for one, will miss his voice and his unique play calling ability. The Bulldog nation wishes you all the best, Larry!!

No comments: