Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tributes to Our Veterans


This morning I asked our listeners to send me their tributes of friends and loved ones who served our country in the military. Here's a few of those tributes:

  • This salute goes out in memory of my grandfather, Watson B. Lee, who passed awy this year. He served in the Navy during World War II. Also his three fine sons: Steve, Gary, and Butch Lee also proudly served our country in Vietnam and the Gulf War. Our family is proud of the heritage of service to our great country that these men have started for us!
    May God richly bless them! -- Cappie W.



  • Our family has been blessed with wonderful patriotic heros. World War II: Cleo A. (my father), Tommy A., Roy Lee A., Pat A., Vernon A., Fred A., James S., Claude P., Grayson P. Vietnam era: Bill V. (my husband) and Dennis P. Afghanistan: Rob B. and John S. -- Peggy V.



  • I would like to say "Thank You" to all of those who have unselfishlyserved to protect our freedom. On this day, I hold the memory of mybrother especially close. My brother, Hoyt P., passed away on July 23at 25 years old. Even after discharge, he continued to be most proud ofbeing a Marine! He was definitely one of the few and one of the proud. Wemiss him and love him! -- Chrissy V.



  • Jerry F. in Lilburn is appreciated and loved by his daughter -- Kerri C.



  • I would like to offer tribute to my father, Claud E., who served our country in World War II. He passed away in 1991. -- Maxine V.



We appreciate all of those that seved our country and continue to lift them up in our prayers. Our country is blessed to have men and women like these!

No comments: