Thursday, February 12, 2009

NRB Re-Cap

Before I knew it, the convention was over. I'm sorry I haven't posted updates on the NRB convention in Nashville, but we were so busy that by the end of the day I was way too tired to do anything. However, being the great guy that I am and that I know how much you want to know about what happened, here is a re-cap of the convention:

Sunday
The morning service was fantastic! We heard from Dr. John MacArthur of Grace to You and his message on being a slave for Christ was inspiring and at times difficult. Thank you Dr. MacArthur for your Spirit-led message.


After the message, we loaded up some buses and were transported to a symphony hall in downtown Nashville for the annual Ambassador Advertising event. What a time we had! Peggy Campbell, president of Ambassador, let me know earlier that there would be a special surprise guest. That person turned out to be decathlon gold medalist of the Beijing Games, Bryan Clay. What an inspiring young man Bryan is. He is a graduate of Azusa Pacific University and a devoted follower of Christ. I was fortunate to get a picture taken with him while I held his gold medal. He said that he is out of shape and a little overweight - I told him my goal was to be his definition of "overweight."

Monday
Another busy day! We had a number of meetings but I was able to squeeze in some time with Chuck Bentley of Crown Financial Ministries. You can hear My Money Life each weekday at 7:45am and 5:45pm, and Money Life each weeknight at 6 on WRAF-fm.



I was also able to meet up with Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine from Family Life Today, which can be heard weekdays at 5am and 11am on WRAF-fm. These guys are a lot of fun to hang out with. Bob can be a pretty big cut up.





Tuesday
This was our final day of the convention and it was a pretty light day. We were able to get on the expo floor for a while before the highlight of the afternoon - an interview with June Hunt of Hope for the Heart. What a deight June was. We were able to have a little fun and, hopefully, minsiter to those who listen each night for hope and encouragement.





Overall the convention was a success and one that I will not forget. I'm looking forward to the NRB leadership meetings in June at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and the 2010 NRB convention back in Nashville, Tennessee.

No comments: