Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yoda vs. Gollum


I was in total conflict! On one network the prequels for Star Wars was being shown and on another network The Lord of the Rings trilogy was airing. Talk about a battle of the titans.

I've been in the media for a long time and I love looking at ratings and research those that do well and learn from those programs that don't do that well. I've always wanted to know if these two great film franchises, if put head to head, who would win over the audience. The past weekend gave me that chance.

According to eOnline, Yoda kicked some Hobbit hoohaas!! Star Wars had nearly 1 million more viewers than TLR trilogy. WOW!! This was first time that the two franchises went chapter to chapter, night for night for bragging rights over who is bigger and better.

Even with the multiple endings in The Return of the King, it just couldn't beat the birth of Darth Vader.

No comments: