Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martry, Prophet, Spy

Since early last year I've been enamored with Diretrich Bonhoeffer, the German pastor who played a part in the assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler, and a member of the Confessing Church.  I came across Eric Metaxas' brilliant biography of Bonhoeffer and immediatly began to read it.  What an extraordinary life Bonhoeffer led.  Normally a quiet man, he spoke with such power and conviction regarding the national church in Germany and the Nazis' treatment of Jews.  Bonhoeffer has fast become one of my heros.

I had the chance to speak with Eric Metaxas about his book and his thoughts regarding Bonhoeffer.  You can hear the complete interview by clicking here or scrolling down.  I also urge you to pick up his book and learn as much as you can about Bonhoeffer.  You will be suprised at the similarities there are between Bonhoeffer's day and our current stiuations.

No comments: