Saturday, February 7, 2009

NRB Day 1

Well, just finished day one of the National Religious Broadcasters convention here in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee. The Gaylord Opryland Hotel is great, and, so far, the convention has been a winner.

Everything started with the NRB members meeting where I was nominated from the floor for a position on the board of directors. Unfortunately, I did not get voted on, but I have heard from too many of my radio friends who voted for that I have called for a Minnesota law team to come and "recount" the votes.

I moderated my first session of the convention and I believe it was a home run. The session was on internet radio, and my panel did a great job. I had Mike Trout from NWR, Dodd Morris of His Kids Radio, and Russ Hauth of Salem Communications. It was very informative. Russ's portion delivered the best response. He spoke on music liscensing for internet radio.

Dinner this evening was with Joni Erickson Tada of the radio ministry, Joni and Friends. What a night! We did some hymn singing and had a great meal. I also had the chance to speak with Joni about using second life as a way for those that are confined to their beds or unable to walk to take part in walk-a-thons and other events that they wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

The evening ended with the radio reception, which I believe was the best reception we have had in some time. I was able to meet up with a number of old friends and made a few new ones.

It's now time to call it a night. I've got a few meetings in the morning and the annual Ambassador Advertising event that I am looking forward to. More updates from NRB 2009 tomorrow.

No comments: