Monday, December 8, 2008

5 Ways to Avoid the Flu


This past weekend I came with a 48 hour version of the 24 hour flu. I hate when I get sick - coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, the whole thing. I remember something I shared on the morning show last week that I got from Yahoo! Health that I hope will help you from getting the flu. Here are 5 ways to keep from getting sick:
  1. Stay away from sugar and processed food.
  2. Fresh food offers the highest quality of vitamins.
  3. Get enough sleep.
  4. Fatigue is the first sign of a weakened immune system.
  5. Wash your hands - but stay away from anti-bacterial products.
I have to say after looking at this list, I wasn't getting enough sleep and by last Thursday I was extremely tired. Sleep is probably the one thing we can all do keep the defenses up. Get your sleep and eat your veggies and have a healthy winter.

No comments: