Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ronald Regan - Boy Do I Miss Him!

I grew up in the '80s and the only real President I knew was Ronald Regan. I came across some quotes from"The Great Communicator" that makes me miss him and his philosophy so very much.
  • Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they loose
  • The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
  • The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that just isn't so.
  • Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
  • I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress
  • The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government who doesn't have to take the civil service exam.
  • Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
  • The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this planet is a government program.
  • Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: if it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
  • Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.
  • No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
  • If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, we will be one nation gone under.

No comments: